Wilston Vet participates i the Annual RSPCA Cupcake Day. This year (2014) we raised over $750! Wilston Vet also donated over $450 to the RSPCA flood appeal of 2011. All monies generated from hydrobaths for the 6 weeks following the floods went directly toward the appeal.We also have a current program whereby we donate the dollar fee to the RSPCA for every cat box sold on behalf of our client whom purchases it.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Queensland Inc. is the state’s leading animal welfare authority. It is also the oldest animal welfare authority in Queensland. The Society is a non-Government, registered animal welfare charity, with powers to enforce an Act of the Queensland Parliament – The Animal Care and Protection Act 2001, which was proclaimed on March 1, 2002.
RSPCA Qld Inc. supports RSPCA Australia’s belief that the welfare of an animal includes its physical and mental state and that good animal welfare implies both fitness and a sense of well-being. The RSPCA considers that an animal’s welfare should be considered in terms of five freedoms:
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst – by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour
- Freedom from Discomfort – by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease – by prevention by rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour – by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind
- Freedom from Fear and Distress – by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering
The RSPCA Qld Inc. supports these freedoms through the following areas of operation: – Shelters, Inspectorate, Animal Ambulance, Veterinary Services, Behaviour Assessment, Cruelty Case Enrichment, Lost and Found service, Volunteer program, Education program, Bequest and Pet Legacy program, Fundraising, Animal Training Centres, Publicity and Campaign promotion
For more information on donations visit RSPCA ( click mouse )
In March 2011 we were able to donate $455 to the RSPCA Flood Fund following the Bribsane Floods thanks to the support of our generous clients and staff.