Wilston Vet is able to offer an inner city grooming and hydrobath service to all North Brisbane pets. We groom both dogs and cats at our in house grooming salon.
Grooming is an important part of your dog’s health, with regular brushing and combing helping to remove dead hair and dirt and prevent matting. Dogs who are regularly groomed tend to have a healthier and shinier coat because it stimulates the blood supply to the skin.
Our groomer Megan as been grooming since 2011, and has won multiple awards in the PIAA grooming competition at the Sydney Royal Show. Megan absolutely loves her job and it certainly shows in her work.
Wilston Vet Provides a grooming service Tuesday – Friday each week all year round by appointment Ph. 3357 3882*
Each Grooming appointment for your dog includes:
- Clip or Trim
- Blow Dry
- Nail Clip
- Ear Clean
- Cologne and optional bow
We also offer appointments with our experienced nurses for: Nail clips & Anal Glands
- Toy Dogs (0-6kgs) $84
- Small Dogs (0-10kgs) $88 (eg Oodles/Poodles, Aust/Cairn Terriers, Cavi, Maltese, Bichons…)
- Medium Dog (10.1-15kgs) $96 (eg Spoodle, Miniature Labradoodle, Cocker Spaniel…)
- Large Dog (15.1-20kgs) $105 (eg Springer Spaniel, Small Border Collie…)
- Extra Large Dog (20.1-50kgs) $125 (eg Golden Retriever, Labrador, Large Border Collie…)
- Giant Dog (50.1kg and over) $155 (eg Husky, Malamute, Pyranean…)
- Tidy Ups – $66 This groom is ideal for dogs hair is at the desired length, but just needs a tidy up and some TLC. Includes Bath, Blow Dry, Face trim, tidy feet and pads, hygiene and tail trim.
- Teddy Bear Clips – $10
- Breed Specific Clips – $10 – $20
- De-shedding EXTRA – From $10 (Groomer to discuss with client)
DIFFICULT PET / COATS ADDITIONAL CHARGES
- If additional staff is required to hold the pet if he/she is very difficult due to temperament issues a fee of up to an additional $50 applies. Staff will attempt to contact owner prior to this but if they are non-contactable we will go ahead with the additional assistance and charge.
- Please note: Matting fees may cost up to $30 additional labor time
|Nail Clip – $28.00||Bath with Sedated Cat Groom – Add – $30.00|
|Express Anal Glands – $35.00||Geriatric Cat Groom (10yrs +) – $350|
|Medicated Dog Bath – $38 (our shampoo)||Un-sedated Cat Groom (2 nurses hold) – $220|
|Bath & Blowdry – $45 (Bath & Blowdry must be booked in with groomer)||Nurse ear clean (both ears) – $38.00|
|Cat Groom (sedated) Approx – $220.00|
Additional fees may also apply for matted coats (up to $40) or pets that are difficult to groom due to temperament issues (up to $50)
Our Grooming Room
We have a fully equipped, air-conditioned, self contained grooming room
The hydrobath is designed to clean your dog the way hand washing just can’t – it’s certainly tidier and much more convenient. The high strength fibreglass hydrobath tub is suitable for all sizes and breeds from Maltese to Great Danes. The spray head produces a unique hydro-combing action that massages and stimulates the skin, so not only is it the most effective way of washing your dog but also provides a therapeutic water massage. This helps with blood circulation, relieves tired muscles and has been found to be beneficial for arthritis sufferers and older dogs.
Water penetrates the coat getting right to the skin removing dry dead skin cells, embedded flea eggs and other materials that can be hidden and hard to get rid of, especially for dogs with longer and thicker coats. You can choose a flea and tick rinse or a herbal rinse for your dog. Clean warm water is used for each dog – we do not recycle the water.
If you have a long-haired cat, there may come a time when you need to give him or her a shave, whether to keep cool in the Brisbane summer or to make it easier for you to keep matting and shedding under control.
Giving your cat a haircut has many benefits:
- Keeping your cat cool in the summer months
- Reduce the frequency of hairballs
- Reduce shedding
- To help older cats that may be poor groomers keep clean
- Remove matting which can be painful and pull on your cat’s skin
All cat grooming is undertaken by our professional nurses who can help you choose a style suitable for your pussy cat. Most cats require a small sedative to be groomed as they can become stressed and unhappy with the sound of the clippers and being handled. Feel free to call us to discuss the options available for your feline friend.
We offer the following services:
- Cat Full Groom Plus Sedation: Includes sedation, day hospitalisation, clip, nail trim, ear clean $193.20 (approximate and based on type of sedation required for your kitty, please contact us for more precise estimated based on your kitty’s individual needs). Please note this service does not include a bath. Geriatric/Senior cat grooms start from $310 depending on sedative agents required.
- Bath in addition to (sedated) Cat Full Groom $29.10
- Cat bath and blow dry- (unsedated)- $43
- Nail clip $26.50
- Express Anal Glands $30.70
Cat Grooming is available Monday – Friday by appointment.
- Specialty grooms such as a de-shed can involve hours of intensive but gentle brushing to rid the coat of unwanted/dead hair, so these grooms typically require the dog to be here for longer periods of time than regular grooms.
- Deshedding Prices: Small Dog $89, Med Dog $99, Large Dog 127, X-Large Dog $137, Giant Dog $154.
During busy periods such as Christmas, please book 2 weeks in advance.