Wilston Vet is able to offer an inner city grooming and hydrobath service to all North Brisbane pets. We groom both dogs and cats at our in house grooming salon.
Grooming is an important part of your dog’s health, with regular brushing and combing helping to remove dead hair and dirt and prevent matting. Dogs who are regularly groomed tend to have a healthier and shinier coat because it stimulates the blood supply to the skin.
Our groomer Tracey gained her qualification as a professional groomer in early 2012 and has been working with us ever since. Tracey absolutely loves her job and it certainly shows in her work.
Wilston Vet provides a grooming service Monday – Wednesday each week all year round by appointment Ph. 3357 3882
Each Grooming appointment for your dog includes:
- Clip or Trim
- Blow Dry
- Nail Clip
- Ear Clean
- Cologne and optional bow
We also offer appointments with our experienced nurses for: Nail clips & Anal Glands
- Small Dogs (0-10kgs) $78 (eg Moodle, Toy Poodle, Westie, Maltese, small Schnauzers etc )
- Medium Dog (10.1-15kgs) $86 (eg Spoodle, Cocker Spaniels etc)
- Large Dog (15.1-20kgs) $94 (eg Springer Spaniel, Small Border Collie etc)
- Extra Large Dog (20.1-50kgs) $114 (eg Golden Retriever, Labrador, Standard Poodle etc)
- Giant Dog (50.1kg and over) $140 (eg Labradoodle, Standard Poodle, Siberian Husky, Groodle)
Additional fees may also apply for matted coats (up to $35) or pets that are difficult to groom due to temperament issues (up to $50)
Our Grooming Room
We have a fully equipped, air-conditioned, self contained grooming room
The hydrobath is designed to clean your dog the way hand washing just can’t – it’s certainly tidier and much more convenient. The high strength fibreglass hydrobath tub is suitable for all sizes and breeds from Maltese to Great Danes. The spray head produces a unique hydro-combing action that massages and stimulates the skin, so not only is it the most effective way of washing your dog but also provides a therapeutic water massage. This helps with blood circulation, relieves tired muscles and has been found to be beneficial for arthritis sufferers and older dogs.
Water penetrates the coat getting right to the skin removing dry dead skin cells, embedded flea eggs and other materials that can be hidden and hard to get rid of, especially for dogs with longer and thicker coats. You can choose a flea and tick rinse or a herbal rinse for your dog. Clean warm water is used for each dog – we do not recycle the water.
Wilston Vet provides hydrobathing for your dog every Monday – Saturday by appointment.
Appointments are essential. Call 3357 3882
- Monday – Friday $22.10
Saturday – $10 (bring along your own towel) –
If you have a long-haired cat, there may come a time when you need to give him or her a shave, whether to keep cool in the Brisbane summer or to make it easier for you to keep matting and shedding under control.
Giving your cat a haircut has many benefits:
- Keeping your cat cool in the summer months
- Reduce the frequency of hairballs
- Reduce shedding
- To help older cats that may be poor groomers keep clean
- Remove matting which can be painful and pull on your cat’s skin
All cat grooming is undertaken by our professional nurses who can help you choose a style suitable for your pussy cat. Most cats require a small sedative to be groomed as they can become stressed and unhappy with the sound of the clippers and being handled. Feel free to call us to discuss the options available for your feline friend.
We offer the following services:
- Cat Full Groom Plus Sedation: Includes sedation, day hospitalisation, clip, nail trim, ear clean $179 (approximate and based on type of sedation required for your kitty, please contact us for more precise estimated based on your kitty’s individual needs). Please note this service does not include a bath. Geriatric/Senior cat grooms start from $276.00 depending on sedative agents required.
- Bath in addition to (sedated) Cat Full Groom $27.10
- Cat bath and blow dry- (unsedated)- $41.20
- Nail clip $24.60
- Express Anal Glands $28.45
Cat Grooming is available Monday – Friday by appointment.